Tuesday 11 June 2013

Machachi bike ride

The 4th of June was my birthday and supposedly a rest day between climbs. But in such beautiful surroundings it was impossible not to go out, so I went on a bike ride with Julia who was working at the guesthouse where I was staying. It turned out to be good weather too and we wound our way through fields, along the railway line, and past some farmhouses, with views of the surrounding volcanoes. Barking dogs made for a good workout as I pedalled as fast as I could to get away from them! When we got back, I had lunch out on the terrace and was brought chocolate cake for my birthday - a very nice and welcome surprise! I had dinner with Padhraic and Yuki, my fellow volcano-climbers who I met at the guesthouse. A very nice day all in all to ease the transition into the second half of my thirties!


Rumiñahui

Pasochoa and Rumiñahui volcanoes










birthday cake !

No comments:

Post a Comment