Thursday 20 June 2013

Hosteria la Izhcayluma and ridge hike

Not everything was lost though. If it hadn't been for the idea of the border crossing, I wouldn't have been where I am now. I booked to stay in this hostel because the bus towards the alternative border stops just outside at 6 in the morning. And it is a hostel and a half. Set in breathtaking surroundings, it really feels like the best place on earth to relax and forget about all the day-to-day nitty-gritty of life. The owners have also devised their own hiking routes to follow and on Saturday I set off on one of them with some of the people I met there. We had a quick stop at the village where I had a look-out for any likely interviewees, but I didn't see anyone who looked older than about sixty. Maybe they were all out climbing mountains or something. So we went off up our own mountain. And the views just got better and better. I'm not sure the photos even do it justice. I almost feel like this place is a little oasis in my mind and will disappear again when I leave - and perhaps that is a clue to the secret of longevity.

In the evening though, I started to feel a bit frustrated with my quest. About from the obvious clean air and other-worldly surroundings, I had got nowhere in my mission to finding the key to long life. So I booked an aura cleansing and chakra balancing with reiki session at the hostel for the following day. I had never done anything like this in my life but I felt if it was going to work anywhere it would be here.

outside my room


view at breakfast

very cold pool


beginning of hike
































No comments:

Post a Comment