Tuesday 14 May 2013

Tulum, Mexico - health and fitness retreat

The first stamp in my brand new passport is Mexico. On May 3rd, I flew from Geneva to Cancún on the Yucatan peninsula, home of the Mayans, and made my way down to Tulum - the perfect place for recovering from the recent stress of leaving my job and flat and changing my life around. I was embarking on a week of fitness and yoga with 20 other woman from all corners of the world but didn't know yet exactly what it entailed. I arrived stressed out to the eye balls, with a layer of jet lag on top, and only 2 hours sleep the previous night, to be told that classes started at 7 am the next morning on the beach. Could be worse I thought. The beach sounds good. And then it was followed by circuit training, kick-boxing, abs and yoga! This was the programme for the next 5 days, more or less, including visits to Mayan ruins and cenotes, accompanied by healthy food and zero alcohol. It was definitely the best way to set me up for the next three months and I left feeling completely relaxed and healthy. Hopefully it will last!



No comments:

Post a Comment